Car Bottom Furnaces
As the name suggests, a car bottom furnace is designed for a cart to be transferred in-and-out of the furnace on rails. The furnace can be configured with or without a door. The furnace is usually configured in two ways either as one large unit or multiple sections utilizing a movable inner wall OR with two end doors for flexible use of the furnace.
Our customers that utilize the car bottom furnace design typically need to heat-treat large or heavy welded fabrications for machine tool parts. Additionally, many manufacturers use car bottom furnaces for homogenizing applications and various forging processes for making parts for their industry.
Other heat-treating processes that can be accomplished with a car bottom furnace include annealing, stress relieving and normalizing.
- Load capabilities: weight ranges include 5,000, 8,000, 10,000, 15,000, 25,000, 50,000, 100,000 lbs and custom sizes.
- Temperature: normal operating temperature range of 1,200˚F (648˚C) up to 1750˚F (954˚C)
- Temperature Uniformity +15˚F
- Heating System: Direct Gas, Indirect Gas or Electric
- Multiple upper and lower chamber gas fired burner arrangements
- Heavy duty furnace construction
- Doors: mounted on load cars or vertical lift doors
- Insulation: Multi-layered insulation techniques with offset seams
- Controls: Eurotherm, Honeywell or SSI & Other customer-specified options
Our team of engineers often work onsite with our customers to determine the best heat-treating solution for their various applications. For car bottom furnaces, the use cases widely vary, and the furnace unit itself can be customized accordingly. Talk with our team today to learn more about the car bottom furnaces we build here at Diablo Furnaces.